Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Baby, did you forget to take your meds?"

I had sick dreams!

If you follow me on the Twittah, you will probably know that I've been pretty sick since about Monday morning. Like, bad cold/flu/thing sick. And last night, I had some pretty legit sick dreams.

First, I dreamed I went back in time and saw The Beatles in concert. Only it was a very modern-type concert, and out on a lawn somewhere, and I think my dad was there as a young man.

Then -- and this was a separate dream -- I dreamt that my friend Zack was PRETENDING to be the Doctor. He wasn't actually the Doctor, but he sure was pretending. And people BELIEVED him. And everyone was thinking that I was his companion, even though I wasn't. I was just trying to pack because my family and I were going to Orlando (again) in like ten minutes, and I kept getting these emails from really random people I knew that my friend Phil had said he'd seen dinosaurs when HE was Zack's companion.

Now, this probably isn't quite so funny if you don't know Zack and Phil, but they have been known, in their lives, to be sort of a destructive version of a dynamic duo. I mean, think Allen and Craig or Jake and Amir -- that sort of dynamic, just in real life. And Phil is very much a target for mockery, mostly for . . . well, for being a bit camp, I suppose, for lack of a better word. Therefore, the fact that in my dream, Phil had been Zack's previous fake companion was kind of hilarious.

Anyway, Phil had evidently quit being a fake companion, which I suppose makes him Martha, and everyone was thinking for some reason that I was gonna be Donna, I guess. So Zack is going around, claiming he can travel in time and space (if I recall correctly, he even wore a 10th Doctor outfit), and Phil is telling everone that he saw dinosaurs, and now everyone is just assuming I'm the new fake companion. And all I want to do is be properly packed so I can leave for Orlando, because I haven't packed anything and my family is trying to leave now! I remember thinking in my dream that I might just go ahead and play along because I thought it would be fun to mess with people, but I was rushing around trying to pack and text Zack to tell that everyone thought I was his new fake companion and why was that? that I didn't really have TIME.

Sick dreams are pretty much the only fun part of being sick.

Disney World was lots of fun, by the way. I'll write more about it when I feel a bit better. And I'll make a video on my channel because my contest is done. I just don't have much of a voice right now (it's worse than John Green's husky voice. It's just . . . not really there). So yes. All of that is coming. For now I say, dream on, my little blog readers. Dream on.

Emily

1 comment: