Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh, hai.

When did I get so bad at blogging?

Well, since you last saw me, a lot of stuff has happened, and I can't remember most of it. My friends and I had a horror movie night on Valentine's Day (we're all single...), and then we followed that with and ALL DAY DOCTOR WHO MARATHON on President's Day where we watched all of series one. Some of us for the first time, some of us for the third.

And also, my mom and little sister are now on series four. Yay Donna! I'm also somewhat ashamed to admit I actually kindofsortofsometimesalittlebit feel some affection for Martha now. Occasionally. At the end of series three and in series four. I know! I hated her so much at first, and I still hate her at the beginning of series three, but...I don't know, she's grown on me. I still think most of her decisions are beyond stupid, but I kind of feel affection toward her sometimes now. I don't know.

I've recently been spending a whole lot more time on deviantART, and I'm actually working on a series of comics I'm going to post there, if you're at all interested. I just posted a preview for one of the panels I'm about 75% done with.

I'm also holding a contest over on my YouTube channel, which is still open for the next few days.

OH OH! I'm totally going to Disney World this week! I'm SUPER excited! My whole family will be making the oh-so-very-long trip up to Orlando on Wednesday and we'll be gone till Saturday. We haven't had a Disney vacation since my little sister was about two or three. She's thirteen now. I'm freaking excited.

And if you didn't catch the sarcasm, Orlando is only about two hours away from my house. . . .

I also went to an awesome Wizard Rock show in Orlando with one of my best friends, who had never been to a wrock show before and it was loads of fun, and I took a little bit of footage, so I plan on making a video about that soon.

Has anyone been watching the Olympics? I love it. Especially the figure skating. My god, I love figure skating. Ever since I was a kid, figure skating has been my FAVORITE part of the Olympics. The summer Olypics just don't compare to the winter ones because there is no figure skating. Gymnastics is kind of close, but not the same. The year she won, Tara Lipinski was pretty much my idol. I loved her all the way through the Olympics and was ecstatic when she won (funnily enough I just recently found out that one of my other best friends -- another figure skating lover -- HATED Tara Lipinski because she loved Michelle Kwan. Had we known each other then, we may not have been friends). This year, I was so over excited when Evan Lysacek took gold. Like seriously. Oh my gosh. I didn't get to watch the ice dancing from tonight yet, but I'm heavily rooting for Meryl Davis and Charlie White, though I also like the team from Canada. . . whose names I can't remember right now.

What about you guys? Do you have a favorite Olympic event? Who are you rooting for? Does anyone out there like figure skating as much as my friend and I? By the way, Johnny Weir is awesome. Crazy, but awesome.

And I will leave you with an excerpt from my novel. I kind of like that I'm showing these to you guys, because unlike all the other books I've ever tried to write, with this one, I'm not showing ANYONE anything from this first draft EXCEPT these excerpts. These are things that may change drastically in later drafts, but I'm having fun sharing these tiny bits for now.


“So,” Jal said, louder now, “I assume you know how to dance?”
Ronan laughed. “Not well,” she admitted.
“Damn,” Jal said, mockingly disappointed. “How am I supposed to impress the high of society when my date can’t dance?”
“Isn’t that why men are supposed to lead?”
“No, men are supposed to lead because we’re stupid and most of us can’t dance. We make the women look pretty and try not to step on their toes.”
“But you’re better than that?”
“Oh, absolutely,” Jal said, winking sideways at her. “Just you wait, Miss Stidolph, you are in for a treat tonight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment