Monday, February 1, 2010

"I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three."

I keep not updating this thing until really late at night when I decide not to because it's...too late. So here's a short one.

I'm sure you're aware, it's "doppelganger week" on facebook, which means a ton of people are replacing their profile pictures with famous people they've been told they look like. Well, the person I've been told I look like the most in my life is Audrey Hepburn, so I initially put up a picture of her, but then I was asking people who I look like, and I got some interesting answers.

A lot of people have said Kate Winslet, Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine fame) and Anne Hathaway. I see it with some of them, but not really with others, I just find it super interesting to see how other people see me. Anyway, my friend Viki ended up suggesting Kate Nash (who I love), and I definitely saw some resemblence, and my mom did too, so that's who I ended up going with.

Who do you look like? It can be someone you're told you look like, or someone you've noticed yourself. I think we see ourselves sometimes differently than other people see us, so I like hearing who people think they themselves look like as well as who they think others look like.

I'm sorry if that's dreadfully boring. Or if it didn't make sense. I just need to post SOMETHING.

Also, I'm not sure, but this whole post may have just been incredibly narcissistic. Whatever.

See you soon!
Emily

Current Music Obsession: The Nicest Thing by Kate Nash. Which, yes, I've been listening to for years, but I just had it on repeat for a bit of my novel I'm writing. It's a brilliant, simple, gorgeous, heartwrenching song.
Reading: Doctor Who: The Taking of Chelsea 426 by David Llewellyn . . . still.

7 comments:

  1. It does make sense. And I can see how you look like Anne Hathaway.

    I've never actually noticed that anyone looks like me. But maybe I just think that because I'm me and I'm too well acquainted with my own face. I have no idea who other people would say I look like. I used to get Alice in Wonderland a bit, because I was blonde and blue eyed when younger, and my middle name is Alice. But that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, it's not narcissistic. It's your blog! haha : )
    I put up Zooey Deschanel.
    Oh and don't worry, I'm putting up nonsense on my blog too because I just don't know what to put. I want to write, but when I go to, I draw a complete blank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I'm such a failure as an internet nerd that I wasn't aware. Fail.

    Buuut, I've been told to look like Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart. I can see when I was younger, yes, I looked a bit like her. Like, certain aspects of my features. And we have similar lip shapes. I know this because I studied her photo for hours so that I could spot the resemblance.

    XD It's not nonsense. I'm just happy you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. Forgot to add: I HEART Kate Nash so much. WHERE is she, btw?! Srsly. 'The Nicest Thing' I listened to when I really liked this guy, and he knew, but just ignored it and pretended I didn't exist once he found out. So, I tend to avoid it because it depresses me now. Shame, because it's so pretty.

    My favourite song of hers is probably 'We Get On', 'Sh*t Song', or her cover of an Arctic Monkey's song which I now seem to have forgotten the name of. But 'Mouthwash', 'Merry Happy' and 'Foundations' are up there too.

    Have you heard of 'Scouting for Girls'? There are another band I love which have also disappeared. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PPS. Oh, and I'm referring to Emma @ "I can see when I was younger, yes, I looked a bit like her..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH! KATE NASH! *explodes of excitement*
    I thought everyone had forgotten about her!
    I see the resemblance.

    I can't figure out who I look like. Any suggestions?
    (picture in my profile) ;D

    ReplyDelete