Sunday, April 18, 2010

Twenty-Six

We're re-watching "Victory of the Daleks" right now because my dad didn't watch it with us yesterday. I've been trying to work on my novel today, but I thought while we're in the Who mode, I might as well tell you, my lovely blog readers, about my fun new project.

My sister, Rachel, and I have long been talking about starting a Time Lord Rock (aka trock) band, and we've finally done it. We're called Time Children, and we've started to do this absolutely insane thing where we both write a song every week about the current episode. Since we're doing one each, that means at the end of this series we'll have twenty-six songs between us. TWENTY-SIX! I'm not sure if that's going to be one album or two, because half of our songs are short little silly ones, and half are longer, more serious, full-length songs. For example, I wrote "Fish Custard" about the first episode, and that's a silly one that's less than a minute long. Then, after the second episode, I wrote "Like a Miracle", which is a darker song and more likely to be closer to 3 minutes. I wrote a song about the new Daleks today, but that one doesn't have a name yet. So we'll see about the albums.

And here they are! The multi-colored Daleks of the new age! They are freakishly tall and have bottom ends like bumper cars.

I like them. In a weird way.

Anyway, one of the BEST parts of this song project, is that our plan is to release both songs each week, one on the Myspace and one as a music video on one of our YouTube channels. We're hoping to release each music video the Saturday after the episode airs on BBC America, before the new one premieres. Starting, probably, with "Fish Custard", which you can already listen to on our Myspace.

Anyway, that's all I have to tell you right now. I really hope you'll check it out and support my music. :D

See you soon!
Emily

Current Music Obsession: Time Children, not because I think we're super special, but because as my new music project, I think about it ALL THE TIME.
Reading: Liar by Justine Larbalestier
Chipotle this year: 7
Watching: Being Human

No comments:

Post a Comment