Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Minimalism and RAIN!

Boy, am I tired. Woke up this morning at 7:30 and got ready as per usual to go to school, and I was even running on time and everything, when my mom told me about the weather. It was raining pretty hard, and evidently there were tornado watches and warning that would follow me all the way down to my school, which is a 40 minute commute from my house.

Needless to say, I did not attend my morning class.

Tuesdays for me are kind of boring, mostly. I have one class in the morning, and then I usually have to wait around until my second class at 3pm. There are usually a few of my friends on campus, but lately they've all been pretty busy with schoolwork (at school? Who would've thought?), and they all have shorter breaks than I do, either. So I wasn't particularly depressed about not having to deal with that today. I ended up being able to do some homework, take a nap, and make it to my second class on time and NOT completely stressed/exhausted. Although, the drive down there did kind of freak me out. It was very, very wet. :[

In my composition class (which is what my second class is, by the way), we usually listen to and talk about each other's compositions. Today, however, was a little different. Today we performed Terry Riley's "In C" together. It was really cool, and sounded great. I was kicking myself for not thinking of recording it. Ergh. But it was a lot of fun, and that's what counts, right?

Yeah, I really wish I'd recorded it.

By the time I got home, I had to rush right out again to see the Florida Orchestra perform one of my sister's pieces, which was really cool, but not I'm REALLY tired. So now I need to go to bed.

See you tomorrow. :]
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment