Sunday, November 29, 2009

I think I'm gonna win this thing.

Arin’s house in the capitol was almost completely bare. There were a few dusty couches pushed into a corner that no one seemed to be willing to touch, but other than that, there was no furniture in the house at all. The entire place was filled with dust and dirt and smelled vaguely musty and spoiled. As Ronan paced the floor anxiously, dust rose with each of her footsteps. Eiley was sitting on the bare, dusty counter in the kitchen as Arin searched the cubboards for any non-perishable food they may have left behind when they fled the city. October and Nym were very subdued as Slate flipped a coin anxiously between his fingers, trying hard to think. Jal sighed heavily, knowing that he had to tell everyone what he’d found out.

Okay, so it's seriously not the best excerpt, but I wrote almost nothing that can be taken out of context tonight. I referenced the dust too many times, I know. Meh.

I have less than 2,000 words to go to 50,000. Tomorrow, I will win.

Also, hopefully I'll make a video tomorrow. Hopefully. No promises.

I'm sleepy. I have church in the morning, so I'm going to bed.

Goodnight, my dears.
Emily

NaNoWriMo: 48,232

P.S. There is totally a very good chance that I may be going to Vancouver in 2011 or 2012, and I'm already crazy excited. I've never been to Canada before, so I REALLY home this happens. Also, I'd be going to see a crazy awesome modern opera that I love, so yeah I'm reallyreallyreally hoping to go. Even though it's like two years away...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats in advance for finishing Nano :)

    What's the modern opera you want to see?

    Canada sounds fantastic. I hope you go!

    ReplyDelete