Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Your hands can heal, your hands can bruise. I don't have a choice, but I'd still choose you.

My problem right now is that I can relate to that a little too well.

Slate went over to Jal and peered at his face. “How do we wake him up?” he asked, looking back at Ronan, who shrugged.
“Just make sure he’s still breathing and slap him on the back,” the man replied.
“You didn’t make sure he was breathing?” Ronan demanded.
“Sure I did,” the man said casually. “And he was. I said to make sure he was still breathing.”
Slate turned back to Jal, checked to make sure he really was breathing, then gave him a sound slap on the back.
Jal coughed heartily and woke up.
“Ah,” Slate said, smiling, “nice to have you back with us again, captain.”
Jal gave him a look of annoyance, but was still coughing and couldn’t say anything in response.


Last night, I watched this movie called "Carriers" that had Chris Pine in it, and honestly it was pretty bad. It had some good scenes (mostly, I noticed, scenes that were mostly Chris Pine monologues), but the storytelling was just bad. Too much telling, not nearly enough showing. And there were SO many missed opportunities, which was bugging me. I kept heckling it over Twitter because my sister wasn't there, and she's the person I always heckle with. Also, Chris Pine was the ONLY GOOD ACTOR IN THE MOVIE! At least the only good actor of the leads. It didn't have any redemptive themes in the end, because I think it was going for the whole look-what-humans-are-capable-of-when-they're-trapped-and-desperate thing, but it did a really poor job of actually putting that across. It was very disjointed. I thoroughly enjoyed the two Chris Pine Monologue Scenes, but the rest of it was not very good. I did watch the whole thing, though, so I don't know what that says.

So, uh, it's about 4 in the morning and I've already FINISHED the quota for today's NaNo! *fistpump* I'm pretty freaking excited. One of my characters cursed again, though. I was really setting out originally to not have cursing in this one, and that really didn't happen.

Anyway, I need to go to bed now. Goodnight.

And, oh, by the way, thank you to those of you who have told me you like my excerpts! I'm not showing anyone this manuscript until it's done (and revised at least once), so the fact that people seem intrigued by my little bits and pieces really means a lot to me. Keeps me writing. So thank you.

See you soon! <3
Emily

NaNoWriMo: 40,040

1 comment:

  1. Great job on NaNo!
    I'm a bit jealous, but luckily I have the next five days off from school and should be able to catch back up!

    ReplyDelete