Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I've my iTunes playing the "Classical" Genius mix, and it's kind of awesome.

I honestly can't remember where I stopped writing yesterday and started today. :/

Oh, no wait, I remember! HaHAH!

“Oh, honey, I was so sure I’d lost you,” Arin told her. “I really thought you’d gone.”
Little arms wrapped around Arin as Eiley said, “It’s okay, Daddy. I’m still here.”
Arin sniffed mightily and laughed once. “Yes, you are,” he said. “And I’m so happy you are. But there’s something I have to tell you, okay?”

Evidently, I didn't write anything funny today. It was 2,309 words of drama, I guess. But that's a pretty good word count, eh?

Where did I get all of this classical music? And before you think it, it's definitely not Bach and Mozart. Not even Beethoven and Debussy (actually, there is one Debussy, but I'm not a Debussy fan, so I don't listen to it really). Most of this is modern and contemporary. We're talking Josh Groban and Bond to Ludovico Einaudi and John Adams to Cage and a bunch of minimalists. I don't know where a lot of it came from, but it's making for some good writing music and I haven't listen to most of it in a very long time. This is why I love the Genius mixes on iTunes. There's even a Wizard Rock mix on my iTunes! \o/

Yeah, if you've read my blog for a while, you know at least some of my musical background, specifically the more recent part. Modern classical music is just cool, okay?

Yay, more Josh Groban is on! Definitely a change from the minimalist stuff.


STUPID BLOGGER KEEPS EATING HALVES OF MY POSTS! >:[ NOT HAPPY, BLOGGER!

Anyway, here I said something about the pointlessness of this blog and then mentioned something about remembering that I wanted to show you something.

At the beginning of the month, I made this graphic for my NaNoWriMo signature that is based on the book cover graphic I also made:
And then yesterday, I decided to make another one, which is this:


It may be slightly misleading because it makes it look like Ronan is the main character and the two boys are secondary, when actually Ronan and Jal (the boy on the right) are the two main characters and Slate (the one on the left) is the secondary one (although he's like the secondary character which is actually super prominent, so he's really close to being a main character, but not quite there). Also, they obviously don't look precisely like the characters because. . .well, the characters are in my head, and these are three real people who have been manipulated to look a bit like my characters. However, I'm kind of pleased with how it turned out regardless. Especially since I had to change all three of their eye colors and two of their hair colors.

Also, if you can name all three of the people I used in that banner thing, you win major awesome points.

See you soon! <3
Emily

NaNoWriMo:
42,349
Ghost Whisperer: 1.10

No comments:

Post a Comment