Friday, November 20, 2009

Poison & Wine

“Ronan?” Slate whispered in her ear.
Ronan blinked, breaking her gaze through the trees. She realized that Slate was literally holding her up so she wouldn’t fall down again, and steadied her feet under her so he could let go of her waist. She turned around toward him and he ducked his head so he could look her in the eyes.
“Do you want me to take over the rest of your shift?” he asked, sounding very concerned for her. “I don’t mind, if you’d rather. . .sleep.”
Both Ronan and Slate were very aware that she would not, in fact sleep, but stay awake preoccupied with thoughts of where Jal could be at that time. Ronan shook her head.
“I’m fine,” she said softly. “And you need sleep, you’re tired.”
Slate frowned down at her, inspecting her face for truth.
“I’m fine,” Ronan insisted. “Really.”


NaNoWriMo: 32,777

Yeah, that's right. Not only am I no longer behind, I am not AHEAD. I sat down about an hour ago and completely finished my word count for today and THEN almost all of my word count for tomorrow! *fistpump* So stoked!

Also, I have become kind of obsessed with this song by The Civil Wars. Ohhh my Lord. Lovelovelove! You must go watch the beautiful video and listen to the beautiful song!

<3 Emily

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that. Now I'm slightly obsessed with that song, too.

    Also, I thought the passage from your Nano novel was very well written and intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete